Friday, April 27, 2012

Tezz


Rating : 2/10
Release Date : 27th April, 2012
Time : 120 minutes
Director : Priyadarshan; Writers : Robin Bhatt, Aditya Dhar ; Music : Sajid-Wajid
Starring : Anil Kapoor, Ajay Devgn, Zayed Khan, Sameera Reddy, Boman Irani, Kangana Ranaut, Phillip Martin Brown, Mohanlal

My sincere advice is to watch Speed, followed by Unstoppable and spare yourself the agony.

The scene is England. Ajay Devgn, for reasons unfathomable plants a bomb on a train. Asks for 10mn ransom. Not clear why. Is assisted by Zayed and Sameera for reason or reasons unknown. Anil Kapoor, who retired the day before from the Counter Terrorism cell, is strangely called back (even though its clearly stated by him from minute one, that this is not a terrorist case). Boman Irani, in charge of train movement, huffs and puffs, trying to save his daughter who's also on the train.
Lots more stupidity occurs. Sentimentality abounds. Race, emotion, Brit v Indian, every trick in the book is used to try and make us care. All in vain. Oh and everyone was shot speaking in English but then I think the producers chickened out and dubbed everything in Hindi, without bothering to reshoot. So even the goras speak Hindi. Flawlessly, and in most cases without an accent.

I regret not obeying my impulse and walking out during the interval. Stayed just so I could write the review. If I knew then what I know now, I would’ve walked. What I did was above and beyond the call of duty…(21 gun salute)…Amen…

1 comment:

Tabrez said...

Thanks for saving me from watching the movie :-)